IBM Access Manager simplifies access management across web, mobile, and cloud. In this course, you will learn to configure authentication, authorization, and policy access control.
Course Code: TW107XG
Brand: Identity and Access Management
Skill Level: Basic
This course is designed for system administrators and implementors interested in learning IBM Access Manager.
Before taking this course, make sure that you have the following skills:
- Familiarity with LDAP, TCP/IP and HTTP
- Familiarity with the Linux command-line
- Working knowledge of security concepts, including SSL, authentication, and authorization
IBM Access Manager is a highly scalable and configurable access management solution. It simplifies and secures your user experience with single sign-on across applications and protects critical assets using strong multi-factor authentication and risk-based access. You can use IBM Access Manager to adopt secure web, mobile, and cloud technologies and simplify access management for your employees and consumers. Using the skill taught in this course, you will be able to configure authentication and authorization mechanisms, implement policy access control, and set up reverse proxy junctions to process web requests.
Please note: This is a self-paced virtual class containing course manuals and an online lab environment only. No audio or video is included with this course.
Unit 1: Introduction to IBM Access Manager
Unit 2: Architecture and installation
Unit 3: Managing users, groups, and domains
Unit 4: Reverse proxy concepts
Unit 5: Policy based access control
Unit 6: Configuring junctions for back-end resources
Unit 7: Authentication framework and methods
Unit 8: Logging, auditing, and tracing
- Describe IBM Access Manager product and its key features
- Discuss the architecture and deployment process
- Configure Access Manager users, groups and domains
- Introduce concepts of a reverse proxy and how it fits in your web-based infrastructure
- Describe protected object space and the policy access control model
- Explain how to set up reverse proxy junctions to handle web requests
- Discuss and configure authentication mechanisms supported by Access Manager
- Explain and set up logging, auditing, and tracing for Access Manager components