Learn the processes, procedures, and practices necessary to configure and administer IBM Directory Server using hands-on labs, including troubleshooting some common issues.
Course Code: TW085G
Brand: Identity and Access Management
Skill Level: Basic
Before taking this course, make sure that you have the following skills:
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Working knowledge of general security concepts, including SSL, authentication, and authorization
This course describes the processes, procedures, and practices necessary to configure and administer IBM Directory Server. During the hand-on exercises, students will perform basic Directory Server configuration, setup replication, use logs and problem determination tools to troubleshoot directory server.
Students will not only learn about the components, functions, and features that are part of the directory server, but will learn about typical deployment scenarios of the directory server, as well.
- Unit 1: IBM Directory Server overview
- Unit 2: Managing directory data
- Unit 3: Directory Server features
- Unit 4: Distributed Directories
- Unit 5: Performance
- Unit 6: Problem determination
- Define LDAP and discuss concepts regarding LDAP standards
- Manage directory entries and search the directory; explain the purpose of the directory schema
- Define the security features of IBM Directory Server
- Define the replication features of IBM Directory Server
- Define the performance features of IBM Directory Server
- Define problem determination facilities